1940’s weekend at BCLM
Spend the weekend in wartime Britain at Black Country Living Museum’s highly popular 1940s Weekend.
For an entire weekend the Museum will be transformed, recreating an electric wartime atmosphere of vintage entertainment, food and fashion!
- Explore 26 acres filled with vintage vehicles, 40s civilians and army personnel
- Use your identity card to move through checkpoints across the Museum
- Take part in austerity-busting workshops
- See ‘fashion on the ration’ in vintage clothes displays
- Listen to Churchill’s stirring speeches performed live by a re-enactor
- Experience an ‘air raid scenario’ in the Museum’s village
We welcome all visitors to take part and dress 1940s, however please respect that this is a homefront event – Allied Forces only.
Please note: if you are planning to visit us for the whole weekend, there will be a break between the Saturday daytime event, ending at 5pm and the evening event, beginning at 6.30pm. Visitors will be asked to leave the Museum site for this hour and a half.
Usual opening hours & admission prices apply for this event. BCLM UnChained Annual passes are valid for the daytime visits however, it is not valid for the evening event which is pre-book only.
Please respect our neighbours and local residents by only parking on Museum car parks. A park and ride service is available from nearby Dudley College on the Broadway.