Have you heard of National Play Day? Well, it’s all about kids getting out and having some fabulous fun – so we’re supporting it wholeheartedly in Dudley!
In fact, we’ve planned a whole play week in celebration, because we thought a day just wasn’t enough!
Special events will be travelling around the parks of Dudley borough between 4th and 8th August and, believe me, there’s so much fun in store – you really don’t want to miss it…
4,050 people took part in the festivities last year – children and adults alike – and you can see how much they enjoyed it from this gallery of photos.
Has that whet your appetite? Do you want to know some of the things in store for this year?
• group games and sports
• campfires and den building
• crafts and glass painting,
• sumo races
• penalty shootouts,
• a climbing wall,
• face painting, hair braiding, nail art
• tug of war and team building activities,
• animal handling,
• skittles alley,
• mascot visits,
• food tasting,
• baby zones,
• free play zones,
• information stalls
and much more!
Activities take place between 12noon and 4pm each day during play week and children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult.
Of course, adults are welcome to stay and play too!
Here’s where we’ll be and when:
• Monday 4 August – Huntingtree Park, Halesowen
• Tuesday 5 August – Silver Jubilee Park, Coseley
• Wednesday 6 August – Mary Stevens Park, Stourbridge
• Thursday 7 August – Priory Park, Dudley
• Friday 8 August – The Dell & Fens Pools, Brockmoor, Pensnett
It’s absolutely FREE to come along and join in, so spread the word. You can download a leaflet with all the dates and information here. Or visit the Dudley Council website.
Playweek is organised and co-ordinated by Dudley Council and Dudley Council employees based at Sycamore Adventure.